The Farrow family has repeatedly claimed that Woody Allen molested his adopted daughter, Dylan O’Sullivan Farrow. Perhaps because they first made those bogus claims a quarter of a century ago, many members of the public have forgotten – or never knew – the evidence showing that the allegation is false.
This site relies on reports from major news outlets and research institutions to provide the facts:
- In 1990, two years before the allegation is made, the New York Times reported that Dr. Susan Coates evaluated Dylan Farrow and found that the young girl “easily would be taken over by fantasy when asked to describe something as simple as an apple tree.”
- Dylan’s accusation was thoroughly investigated by the Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of the Yale-New Haven Hospital which interviewed Dylan Farrow nine times. As reported in the New York Times on May 4, 1994, Dr. John M. Leventhal, the acclaimed doctor who headed the Connecticut investigation, concluded that either “these were statements that were made by an emotionally disturbed child and then became fixed in her mind [or] she was coached or influenced by her mother. We did not come to a firm conclusion. We think that it was probably a combination.”
- On October 26, 1993, the Times reported that the New York State Department of Social Services had closed its 14-month-old investigation because “no credible evidence was found that the child named in this report has been abused or maltreated. This report has, therefore, been considered unfounded.”
- In other words, two separate state agencies investigated the claim in detail and for many months – and both independently concluded that no molestation had ever taken place.
- In an interview with People magazine in 2014 and again in 2018, Dylan’s brother Moses detailed how Dylan O’Sullivan Farrow and Woody never spent time alone that day, how the attic didn’t match Dylan’s description, and how he came to realize that the false allegations were Mia’s way of trying to get back at Woody.
- In May of 2018, Moses Farrow again detailed the story of being raised by Mia Farrow and how she manipulated the children to turn against Woody Allen.